Sunday, January 4, 2015

#creatingchallenge day 4 / be the 8%

I heard today that according to Forbes Magazine "40% of Americans make New Year’s Resolutions and only 8% of those Americans actually accomplish their resolution." Although I'm not a big proponent of New Year's Resolutions, I have to admit that New Years is my favorite holiday. I love starting a new year that is a completely clean slate.

I want to be in the 8% this year that actually accomplishes the hopes and dreams I have for this year. How about you? 

Here are some further thoughts on how to make that happen:
  • Set a stretch goal - outside of your comfort zone
  • Be specific on what you want
  • Keep it simple
  • Focus on 60 day chunks of time
  • Pay attention to how you will execute the plan
  • Determine what spiritual practices will help you get there
And here are a couple more I'd add to the list:
  • Use short term or long term #creatingchallenges to stay motivated 
  • Hire a coach to support you in making it happen
It's easy to forget that we do not have to go it alone. We are built to be in relationship and live in community...how might a friend, family member or coach help us have the most fulfilling and joy filled 2015? 

I have learned that #creatingchallenges are very motivating for me. And I have utilized coaches to support my forward momentum consistently over the last seven years. 

What works for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment