Saturday, January 3, 2015

#creatingchallenge day 3 / real rest

Guidepost recently posted this meme on their Facebook wall:


I love the dedication and sense of raw commitment it expresses...which is backed up by Jimmy's hand's on work with Habitat Humanity.

Having grown up being challenged to live my life to the fullest while making a difference in the world, I now reflect on what that means to me today. I've gone the route of "martyr" and "accommodator" and can now confirm that neither of these routes have led to a life of contribution and joyful abandon that is sustainable.

What was missing? Rest.

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. 
Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how 
to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how 
I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything 
heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn 
to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 The Message Bible

What an awesome invitation to walk and work with God and learn from him the unforced rhythms of grace! Yes! THAT is what I want for 2015.

What do you want for 2015? What difference would "real rest" make in your life this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment