Friday, January 2, 2015

#creatingchallenge day 2 / all in

It's the strangest thing...when I commit to fully be "all in" and really go for it , I end up getting what I want in multiple arenas of life, not just the one directly related to my decision.

The following quote describes this phenomenon so well...

The following passage occurs
near the beginning of W.H. Murray's
The Scottish Himalayan Expedition (1951):
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance
to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts
of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the
ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence 
moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the
decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen
incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man
could have dreamt would have come his way. I learned a
deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets:
Whatever you can do
or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it!”

I experienced this today! For the new year, I said "yes" to a whole new level of commitment to my business...and today I received unexpected support to build my professional wardrobe...it was like having my own personal fashion consultant (thanks Shanna!). I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment