Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Creating Challenge Day 1 - WENDY, BREAK RULES!

Inside Cover of "Exploiting Chaos"
Today I picked up a book I had "won" at the Talent & Organization Development Summit in Chicago in June 2012. When I say "won", what I really mean is that Jeremy Gutsche, author of the book Exploiting Chaos: 150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change, was the keynote speaker on day one of the summit and when he offered to give a copy of his book away to the crowd I waved my hand wildly and got the book!

I had been struggling about what to name this blog site and what domain address to use for my 365 day creating challenge. Jeremy's book was the perfect remedy. As I read the first few pages, I was reminded (again) that I didn't have to figure out and align all of my online strategy for the year before I started this blog. Simple enough. I named this blog what it was: creating challenge...a 365 day experiment.

I opened the book back up and noticed the inside cover I had gotten autographed after the session. Oh yeah...what an invitation!!! It read: "WENDY, BREAK RULES!" (Yes to that! To me this means thinking outside the box and breaking out of patterns of unconscious living.) and "Chaos is the uncertainty sparked by uncharted territory, economic recession, and bubbles of opportunity." I'm going in! Want to come?

[If you are interested in reading Jeremy Gutsche's book Exploiting Chaos, click HERE to read it online or download it for free from his website.]

2 comments: